Saturday 29 January 2011

What a week!

If I think back over this week I just cannot believe the bad luck we have had recently, something has gotta give!     200euros and a day at the vets later Barley is back to being "normal".....................well I can't call him that normal our female Jack Russell, Lola is in season (photo above) and Barley has just discovered why he was put on earth!  He just cannot leave her alone and has been upsetting Louis (our other Jack Russell who has been "done") to beyond comprehension.   Jeysus its like having 3 extra kids in the house!   The buttons that I thought Barley had swallowed, were never discovered and I suspect they are somewhere in our garden!  The second thing to happen was that our car "died" or should I say the battery died.  As (according to the French) our car does not exist in France we just could not get a car battery to fit it.  Having spent most of Wednesday in my neighbours car searching for one, I gave up, found one on ebay in the UK and as a friend is going back to visit for 5 days, I have had it posted to her address so that she can bring it back with her next Wednesday.  In the meantime our car is running on what looks like a dolls house battery and may or may not start each day.   Fingers crossed as because BH doesn't drive we have no other means of getting him to work - absolutely essential at this moment in time!  Having a car whilst living in the middle of no-where has to be a "must have" - when your car gives up thats it, you may as well go and live back in "commuter land" near a railway station, bus stops and shops!!  Finally my very best friend's father died, quite quickly of colon cancer.  He was diagnosed at Christmas and luckily for him he didn't suffer for long, however his 8 children will miss him dreadfully - RIP Morris.

No comments:

Post a Comment