Thursday 7 April 2011

Divine Dechetterie

Nothing beats a journey to the local "Dechetterie" of rubbish tip.  Whilst dumping another microwave (4th or 5th French bought one since living - there have been so many I have lost count) I had a quick glance round in the skips at other peoples rubbish.  Here is what I found:
A fabulous old wine crate, perfect for gardening tools

and this sweet pot stand (I think).  Who knows what it is for but handy to put my pot full of mint on it.  We have found quite a few things at the tip, old his masters voice records, a box of pharmacy test tubes and labels and a couple of years ago an old pink Art Deco enamelled wood burner which was in the very bottom of an empty skip - I sent BH in for that one.........................................its still in our barn awaiting new glass to make it useable, although it is too small to throw off any heat - I might just drag it in for decorative purposes only!

No comments:

Post a Comment