Monday 4 April 2011

Brocante or Not?

Why does it always rain on a Sunday?  Why did I drive for 1.1/2 hrs to go to a "Vide Grenier" (boot fair) and not a brocante?  Why was the brocante advertised as a brocante but then having driven for hours it turned out to be a Vide Grenier?  I just couldn't ask myself any of the above questions once me and my two girls had arrived as I had to concentrate on parking and sorting out an argument about footwear before we had even got out of the car.  The day had started badly..............................plus it had started to rain!
Until I found the above little Edwardian hand held ladies mirror and I felt a bit better, to be swiftly followed by some beautiful amber coloured velvet ribbon, lovely toile and lace and a pretty brooch in the shape of some scissors.  Not a lot considering the journey involved but we managed to combine a trip to MacDonalds to placate everyone (normally a 1 hour drive from our house) and get out of the rain. 
Roll on next Sunday and sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment