Thursday 31 March 2011

Girlie things and a new best friend

I have a NGBF (a new Gay best friend), whom I met in the local coffee bar and introduced himself as he was looking for someone to do work on his house/es.  NGBF bought a house very local to us for 11,000 euros over the internet without looking at it and when he came over here he bought another for 14,000 euros - 2 houses for 25,000 euros - you couldn't buy a garage in the UK for that!  NGBF loves all things girlie and pink (the pinker the better), shabby chic, the brocante, anything made of pastry and best of all shopping.  Effectively he loves all the things I love, what a fabulous combination.  This week I have had a lot of fun helping NGBF to depart with his hard earned "Pink Pounds".  Like a kid in a sweet shop, we trawled the Brocante, the Depot de Ventes, the charity shops and flea markets.  I took him to every conceivable shop and area I know where he could spend his money.  So what did he get................................................ the most beautiful Louis Bed upholstered in faded pink velvet for 150 euros, a shabby chipped painted table, a bronze and glass lustre chandelier, a painting, a bed settee (from the 1950's), with matching chairs, an old nursing chair and an old Louis chair upholstered in gold velour (not quite my thing but NGBF loves it).  He also got a combination oven, grill and microwave, an electrician, a plumber, a roofer and a plasterer.  I have just taken him back to the Airport and I am exhausted, but the type of exhausted you get after a holiday - glad you did it, had a great time but come back feeling worse than before you went!
A fabulous Edwardian linen letter keepsake bag that NGBF found and generously let me buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment