Friday 11 March 2011

Spring Urge

You can definitely smell it, Spring is in the air - thank goodness, Winter has been going on for too long.  I now have the urge to wash curtains.  In a former life when I was too busy commuting I didn't even really notice that Spring had arrived - if people got sweatier on a tube or I woke up at my stop with someone's arm pit stuck to my face I knew that perhaps Summer had arrived.  Stuck in an office with artificial lighting sometimes arriving at the office when it was dark and going home when it was dark I never had any conception of what day it was let alone what Season.  Here the seasons are very definite and I now notice them.  The flocks of geese have returned from the South flying in "V"s across the blue sky, the bulbs are peeping through and everywhere looks alive.
Prostate sheep lie around in vast fields waiting for babies to arrive, our dogs are spending more time outside basking in the sun and the bees have arrived.       THE BROCANTES ARE GETTING BIGGER AND THERE ARE MORE OF THEM - YEEEEHARR!

No comments:

Post a Comment