Tuesday 1 March 2011

Should I have let this one go?

Being a dedicated antique linen fan (but a non sewing person) I have just questioned myself on selling the above boutis provencal quilt - sorry the last photo I have as I deleted the others!  Beautifully made with a lovely old rose pattern (I am going through a chintz stage at the moment) I pratically threw myself at the woman selling this when I spotted it at a brocante 2 weeks ago.  I have a BIG problem with letting my linen "go" - I have heaps of the stuff, am totally addicted, which is not wholly conducive to making any money to pay our electric bill lets face it.  Should I have let it go?

Holding onto things for too long is a bad habit for me whereas BH has a totally different attitude.  He is a "chuck it out" type of man or "lets put things away and never find them again" type of man.  We are having "gremlin" issues at the moment, certain items over the space of 2 months have gone missing.  Barley the errant labrador, whom has eaten most of the contents of our house could be responsible, but since January we have lost all of our front door keys (we have/had 3 sets) so consequently the house has been unlocked 24/7, not really an issue around here as our neighbours are of the "twitching shutter" kind, so no-one gets near our house without it being noted upon.  Riding gloves (2 pairs) have completely disappeared, every Wednesday the big search starts but to no avail, the TV zapper (that went missing this afternoon), various dog leads and my wellies which I will need for potatoe planting next week.  I just know BH wants to live in a minimalistic white box where there are no photo's, paintings, cobwebs, kids mess and dog paw marks or my "junk" scattered around - poor love its a bit too late now!

1 comment:

  1. Dee..what is the history of your house...you know the missing items could possibly be related to old spirits..Hmmmm...just wondering..thats a funny lot of things that vanished..any other strange occurances going on in there??..and the linen hoarding..you have enough to share with others..just think how happy the lady will be when she receives it...

    ReplyDelete