Friday 11 February 2011

Dust Collectors

I am a horder by nature and BH is a "throw awayer" by nature - possibly a good mix.  I come from the school of; "don't throw that out, it could be worth money in a 100 years time" he is a man of few words but the ones normally uttered are "it's broken", "you haven't seen it for 10 years, it's been in a box" and "get rid of it, it's a dust collector" and the worse one of all...................................wait for it............... "its chipped, re-paint it"!!!!!!!!

Here is one of my collections:  "Nous Deux" china ("Us Two") from the 1950's made by various ceramics companies but mainly Villeroy & Boch.  They are found in a variety of pastel colours, shapes and designs this is just some of the collection - I have more but alas no room to display them.   The wall dresser was made from old pine by my Dad about 20 years ago for my first house - it has moved around quite a bit since then.  What do you collect?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dee..what I love to collect...favorite is french memorial plaques even though my collection is quite small..seashells run a good second...and enamelware...

    ReplyDelete